Everyday Mom's Meals: Imitation Is The Highest Form Of Flattery
_____

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Imitation Is The Highest Form Of Flattery

One of the things I have found to be super fun in the kitchen, and I've been doing more and more since creating this blog, is trying to copy recipes from restaurants that we love. I've done so many and yet each new one is still exciting. The first one for 2012? A fantastic pasta from our favorite family owned Italian restaurants here in Fort Wayne, Casa's. There are so many yummy things on their menu, I could never begin to recreate each one, but already having done a few, I was happy to attempt another. If you have made a resolution to stay away from rich foods filled w/ butter....please leave now! I will understand! In no way is this a dish I could make for my family on a weekly basis, but every once in awhile or for a special occasion (maybe Valentine's Day???) it's the perfect one! It really is much more simple than I thought it would be, and while I had a pretty good idea of what was needed to taste like the original, I got some extra direction from a post on Food.com from a fellow foodie trying to do the same thing! Rich in flavor, overflowing w/ mushrooms, and very filling, this pasta is sure to please your family as much as it did mine!

Cappellini Con Funghi Fresca Cappellini with Mushrooms

1 lb. angel hair pasta (unless you can find cappellini)
2 TBS olive oil
16 oz. button mushroom, sliced
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 c. chicken broth
2 sticks butter, cold and diced
2 tsp. dried parsley
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, freshly shredded
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook pasta according to directions. While it's cooking, saute mushrooms in olive oil until browned. Once brown, season w/ salt and pepper. In a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine broth and garlic. Bring to a boil and reduce by half. Whisk in butter, in small amounts, until all of the butter in melted, incorporated and the sauce coats the back of  spoon. Add parsley and stir well. Drain pasta and return to pot. Add mushrooms and sauce to pasta. Toss well to coat and mix. Serve individual portions w/ Parmesan sprinkled on top.
~Join me for Tasty Tuesday on Formula Mom~
Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box Jan. 31, 2012
Shared on Chef in Training Jan. 31, 2012 
Shared on Lady Behind The Curtain Feb. 1, 2012 
Shared on It's A Keeper Feb. 2, 2012 
Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage Feb. 2, 2012 
Shared on The Country Cook Feb. 3, 2012

Pasta at Very Good Recipes
Pin It

1 comment:

Miz Helen said...

Hi Krista,
I love to copy recipes from my favorite places or at least try to. Your Cappellini Con Funghi Fresca looks delicious, I am sure it is just as good as theirs. Hope you are having a wonderful week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen