Everyday Mom's Meals: A Sweet For Your Sweetie
_____

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Sweet For Your Sweetie

Today I have something that would be perfect for treat that special someone to on Valentines Day. Especially if you live somewhere that February 14th is smack dab in the middle of snow and cold! This is actually a copycat recipe I came up w/ for my "little sweetie" after he and I shared one during our special Mommy & Monkey date over winter break. Alex isn't allowed to eat a lot of chocolate, so a huge treat for him is going to Debrands Chocolate Shop here in Fort Wayne. And an even bigger treat is when his grandparents get him a gift card for him to spend all on his own! On this day, he wanted a dessert, and was he ever in the right place! From chocolate candies, to ice cream sundaes to even gellato, this place is heaven for all chocolate lovers. After looking over the menu and playing a couple rounds of "eenie meenie minie moe", he decided on something that he knew both him and his favorite Mommy could enjoy-  a Mint Hot Chocolate Float. Take a second and wife off your keyboard, I know you're drooling. OMGosh, it was UH-mazing! I have to admit, I was still a little full from lunch and only let him give me a few bites (At least that's the reason I gave him.) but he finished off the whole thing, and was left w/ that one undeniable sign something is delicious- his face was covered from ear to ear!! So of course I decided right away I would need to recreate this at home for him to enjoy again and again! Warm and cold at the same time, sweet and indulgent, if you are planning a special dinner for your sweetie, big or small, this is the perfect way to end it. I love you Monkey, and our special days together!!!

Mint Hot Chocolate Float
1/4 c. Hershey's unsweetened cocoa
1/2 c. sugar
Dash salt
1/3 c. hot water
4 c. milk
1/2 tsp mint extract
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
Vanilla Ice Cream
Whipped Cream
Peppermint Marshmallows

In a medium sauce pan on medium heat, stir together sugar, cocoa and salt. Add water and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add milk stirring constantly and heat to serving temperature. DO NOT boil. Remove from heat and add vanilla and mint. With an electric mixer, beat until frothy. In large glasses, add a few scoops of ice cream. Pour hot chocolate over and top w/ whipped cream and marshmallows if desired.


Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box Jan. 24, 2012
Shared on Sweetology Jan. 24, 2012 
Shared on Chef in Training Jan. 24, 2012 
Shared on Lady Behind The Curtain Jan. 25, 2012 
Shared on This Chick Cooks Jan. 25, 2012 
Shared on Newlyweds Blog Jan. 25, 2012 
Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage Jan. 26, 2012 
Shared on The Country Cook Jan. 27, 2012

Featured on Today’s Menu Round-up

 
Featured On
 
Desserts at Very Good Recipes
Pin It

10 comments:

raquel@erecipe said...

wow that is yummy chocolate float my kids will surely love it.

Becki's Whole Life said...

Yum - my girls would love this - especially with the minty flavor.

carolinaheartstrings said...

That is the perfect matching of everything I love! Delicious. We have a terrific chili recipe. Come on over and visit.

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

It looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing. Love your space.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Unknown said...

Oh wow! I will be trying this, sounds perfect! And even if it's not freezing cold, with the addition of the ice cream it can be a summer treat!
Pinning!

Erin said...

Oh my gosh! This sounds absolutely wonderful!!! Thank you!

Lady Behind The Curtain said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your recipe was featured today on "Today's Menu Round Up" http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/?p=23186@
Cast Party Wednesday! Please go pick up a button.
http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/?page_id=1844
Thanks for sharing your recipe with me at Cast Paty Wednesday!
---Sheryl---

Hilary said...

I LOVE going to Debrands since it is only a short drive away!! What a great post thanks for linking up! Hilary from Baking Bad

Miz Helen said...

Hi Krista,
What a great combination for a float, I would just love it! Hope you are having a wonderful week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Tmuffin.com said...

Stopping by from Mandy's Recipe Box...

Yum! I made something similar recently but put coffee ice cream in instead. I love the mint and vanilla, though!