Everyday Mom's Meals: Quickie Pie
_____

Friday, May 18, 2012

Quickie Pie

Seriously, this pie could not be easier, unless you have someone else make it and bring it to you. But hey, sometimes we all need those "I can make this at the last minute in no time" desserts in our back pockets for those times when you get invited somewhere at the spur of the moment, or in my case your sweet tooth starts screaming to be fed! I love butterscotch pudding. It's always been my favorite kind. I was even the kid who would turn down chocolate Dilly bars from Dairy Queen if they had butterscotch ones too! To this day, if my husband wants to score extra bonus points he will come home with a can of Thank You brand butterscotch pudding!! So when I decided I wanted a piece of pie and and I wanted it NOW, how appropriate I had everything in the kitchen to make this. So easy. So creamy and the perfect flavor of butterscotch, this would be perfect for an outdoor party this summer, rather it's planned or totally impromptu!

Butterscotch Pie
1 (3.4oz) box instant butterscotch pudding
1 graham cracker crust
1 (8oz) tub Cool Whip
2 cups cold milk
1/2 c. pecan chips

In a large bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes. Place in fridge and let sit about 2 minutes. Pour into crust and place back in fridge for about 10 minutes. When completely set, spread Cool Whip on top. Sprinkle w/ pecan chips.


Shared on The Country Cook May 18, 2012
Shared on Make Ahead Meals May 21, 2012 
Shared on Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen May 21, 2012 
Shared on Gooseberry Patch May 30, 2012
Pie at Very Good Recipes 
Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh golly, there goes my sugar cause I have got to try this. Wonder how it would be with no sugar pudding and low fat cool whip? Guess we will just have to try that.

Jackie @Syrup and Biscuits said...

Quick, easy and delicious rules!