Everyday Mom's Meals: Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Cindy}
_____

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Cindy}

Welcome to the weekend, folks! I hope you have something special planned for all of the special Moms in your life. (Yes, Mother's Day is tomorrow, in case someone missed it on the calendar). And to all of my fellow mothers, kick back, relax and enjoy your day! You deserve every minute of happiness b/c you work so hard every other day of the year! Today I have a fellow blogger joining me and I can't wait to see what she's got cooking up! Please grab a cup of coffee and welcome Cindy...


Hi everyone, my name is Cindy and I am the woman behind Hun... What's for Dinner? I'd like to thank Krista, for this opportunity, to be a guest poster on Everyday Mom Meals. I found Krista and her blog on Facebook and instantly fell in love with how friendly Krista is and her phenomenal recipes.

I am a stay at home Mom, to a 7 yr old boy and a 4 yr old girl. I married a Chef, thinking I had it made and would never have to cook dinner again; but quickly learned that after a long day of work, the last thing on my husband's mind was cooking. So, with the help of the skills I learned from my Mom, from watching Food Network TV and from my husband; I discovered my love for cooking. Now I cook 95% of the meals in our house and am not afraid to try new things.  Hun.. What's for Dinner? was born almost 4 yrs ago, as a way to keep track of new recipes I was making, and if they were keepers or not. Blogging has surprisingly become something I am passionate about, and I couldn't imagine my life without it.

Baking was my first love, so today I would love to share one of my favourite recipes to make. These Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins are regulars in our house. They are super quick, easy and delicious.

Thanks again to Krista and I hope you enjoy!!

Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
1 egg
1/2 C  brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 C vegetable oil
1/4 C milk                                                                           
1 C mashed bananas
1 C flour
3/4 C whole wheat flour
1 Tbs baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 C butterscotch chips
1/4 C chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.

In a bowl, mix together the egg and sugar; until light and frothy. Add in the vanilla, oil, milk and banana. Mix well.

In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt; until very well combined. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just about combined. Add in the butterscotch and chocolate chips and mix until just combined.

Fill muffin tins 2/3 full (I like to use a 1/3 C measure). Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool a few minutes, before removing from muffin tins, to a wire rack.

Keep in an airtight container, for up to 5 days.

Makes 12 muffins



Pin It

No comments: