Everyday Mom's Meals: His Wish Is My Command
_____

Monday, November 4, 2013

His Wish Is My Command

"Mommy, I'm hungry for meatball subs." 
"Have you ever had meatball subs?" 
"No, but I know I would like them. I wish you would make them." 

This is the conversation I had with Alex a few weeks ago. I was pretty sure he had never had one before, but he was convinced he was hungry for them. I was convinced he had seen a Subway commercial and decided this. That's okay though. My meal inspirations can come from many different places, and if he wants to add input based on an imaginary craving, I'll do my best.

You're going to love this recipe for the same reason I did. About 10 minutes of your time in the morning dumping things into the Crock Pot, and when you get home after a long day, supper is ready to go. Simple add a nice green salad on the side (maybe my Easy Caesar Salad) and your family can be eating in about 15 minutes. Perfect on those nights when you're exhausted, they are starving and you want them to think it took a lot more effort than it actually did! (See, this way, they volunteer to do the dishes because you have "worked so hard" on dinner!) 

My little man loves to eat, and I am happy to encourage this. If he says he is hungry for something specific, I will try my hardest to oblige him and add it to the menu plan. And if it's something he's never had before, but he is convinced he will like, that's when my fun begins creating a new recipe for him to enjoy. After all, as his Mommy, in life, his wish is my command!

Slow Cooker Meatball Subs
3 cups frozen Italian meatballs
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes
2 (26 oz.) jars spaghetti sauce
1 TBS Italian seasoning
1 TBS sugar
Salt and Pepper to taste
8 oz. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Hoagie Buns

Place meatballs in bottom of slow cooker. Add spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, sugar, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Cook on LOW 6-7 hours. When ready to serve, place mozzarella cheese on bottom of bun, spoon meatballs and sauce over. Sprinkle with extra mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.




Shared on The Country Cook Nov. 8, 2013



1 comment:

The Better Baker said...

YUM! YUM! YUM! I love the ease of this and know my hubby will enjoy it when I make it for him soon. =)