Everyday Mom's Meals: Helping Your School with General Mills ® and Box Tops™
_____

Monday, August 17, 2015

Helping Your School with General Mills ® and Box Tops™

Do you want to give back to your child's school and help support it, but don't think you have time? I am very blessed to be able to volunteer at my son's elementary school whenever they need me. From being in his classroom, to making copies for teachers, chaperoning field trips and more, I am there any chance I get. And I know many parents who would love to volunteer their time but simply can't due to work schedules, but there is a super simple way we can all help, just by buying products we already do. 


I am sure you have heard of Box Tops™ for Education from General Mills®. But if you haven't, or need a little refresher course, let me tell you more! Since it's launch in 1996, Box Tops™ for Education has contributed over $525 million to participating schools! Each Box Top is worth $.10 for your school and is one of America's largest school earnings loyalty programs. With over 80,000 K-8 schools participating, chances are your child's does too! 

The greatest part in my opinion is that schools can then use the money earned to buy whatever they need. That's right. The school chooses how the money is used, so it can truly be used in the best way possible. At our school I can think of 10 things off the top of my head that money could be used for to better the school day. So many teachers are buying supplies for their classroom out of their own pocket, and with Box Top money, that burden could be taken off their shoulders...just to name one. 

I am always looking for ways to give back to our school, and knowing I can do so in a way that helps them get the money they need to use exactly how they need it is a great feeling. Plus, right now at Walmart you can find General Mills® products that have BONUS Box Tops! 


Just by looking for BONUS tag, you will get 5 extra Box Tops™ on one product. See, they are so easy to find even kids can spot them! 

I love buying products with Box Tops™ because not only do they let me give back to a school that gives my son so much, but they are found on products that we love too. Go-gurt? I'm already by those by the truck load for packed lunches and after school snacks!!


Even when our family budget has been tight, I always made sure I was looking for Box Top™ products when I was doing my weekly shopping. And now with BONUS ones, I can take my budget and stretch it farther because the school gets extra, but I spend the same!


It feels so great to be checking out, knowing some of that money is going to go directly back to our school, so they can get the things they need, when they need them. 


Something so small can have such a big impact on our child's education! Giving back to and being involved at our schools is one of the most important things we as parents can do for our child's academic success. And with Box Tops™ and now BONUS Box Tops™ it is easier than ever!


This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills®. The opinions and text are all mine.

No comments: